Thursday 16 October 2014

In Search of God

We will be having a hundred of questions related to god asked every time. What is god ? Who is god ? Whether god really exist ? What are the powers of god ? Whether god made everything we see ? Will he punish us if we do bad things ? How he look like ? etc.
In childhood god is what my parents show me to follow and to praise for his help in situations. Jesus is my god, he is my lord, my way and my life. I have grown with the church and its premises hearing bible stories, finding its moral and trying to live accordingly. When I came 15 my way of thinking changed into such a way that of the world with common issues, problems, etc. So my god concept changed ; god is what we can't calculate with human intelligence. Something which we are unknown about and something undefined within our limits. So again mindsets started rolling and changed the angle of looking at situations. God concept seriously considered as a matter of discussion and we fought between religions and caste.
From the origin of history humans learned to praise  everything they fear such as sun, moon, thunder, sea, rain, animals, finally human kings. As in a small process they all converted to gods in with mighty stories. Tribal groups made rituals which continued generations and finally became traditions. A story for a good reason and a story for better life got invented. Ordinary fights and incidents converted to mighty stories or myths while time periods of generations overruled. Whatever be the cause everything pointed towards something that can help humans live long with unity and peace until the end. They were teaching what good means; The way to live life better; The key for maintaining human life on earth; What truth refers to. Etc.
In the pre-degree classroom, a usual English period was going on with sleeping last benches, listening front benches and gaming in-betweens. Fr. Jimmy was a funny, intellectual lecturer whom usually takes classes using interesting debates, stories, discussions etc. That day his question for debate was about god. '' whether god exists ?''  Whoever says god exists can leave their points against the priest lecturer. We were actually stunned with his question. ' How can he ask such a question ? '
Everyone was explaining the miracles happened worldwide. But he defeated every argument simply with a coincidence theory. Finally we the true believers failed after the war with words.
This incident make me think more and more about the subject.
After a month I was watching an old Malayalam hit film 'Aaramthampuran' starring 'Mohanlal' in the lead role. There a dialogue which wasn't much noticed gave me some more with the stuff. '' karmamanu daivam, karmamanu vishwasam karmam thanne anu aaradhanayum'' (means the actions we do is god, action is the belief and action itself is the praise.) These words part of bhagvathgeetha a mythical text of ancient India which is the bible of Hinduism. It gave me some more ideas that separated me slightly from my belief on Jesus. Again thoughts disturbed me with the question ' then for what the religion is for ? '.
Some more days passed leaving my mind in another confusion. One day one of my friends were talking about the need of confidence in life for achieving greatness. He said life depend only on confidence and nothing else. Whatever a confident man dreams he achieves. Then why religions are for ? Again that left me in confusion.
What make me confident about something ? My dad, my family, my acquired characters and talents, more than any thing the religious theories and god. I finalised god provides confidence, more and better than anything. Do good because god will surely reward me for that, fear to act bad because he will surely punish me one day. So base of my confidence is god which drives me good. Soon the something flashed saying god is good itself. The way of life for living happy. God is the reason for maintaining human life on earth. The reason for unity, forgiveness, and sympathy. If there were no god then the desire of humans will have killed themselves.
After finding this answer that God is good, I sat so happy near our church varandha. There at the holy mass the priest was praising the lord loud. '' Oh my God ; My Lord, you are the way, the truth, and the life. Without your grace we can't enter the gates of heaven. Lead us our god ....'' That day I carefully attended the Holy Mass. 'There Jesus gave his flesh and blood to humans; they ate his flesh and blood and became part of him. And then the priest said finally, ''For all who ate his flesh and blood will be allowed to heaven, and let them live peacefully till death. Amen...''
Jesus is my God. God is Good. If God is Good then what he have done is giving his good to others so that others can be good and can live long. The one who eat his flesh and blood is suppose to see himself and his neighbour as god itself. Then life will be happy like never before. If you can see god in others, you will be praised to God and success will comes behind. Its not a joke, there are examples; Rajanikanth in kollywood and Sachin Thendulkar in Indian cricket.
Searching for good is the next task, let me try to explain it in my next blog.

Author:

0 comments: